Thank you for your interest in volunteering with One of a Kind Pet Rescue! Our volunteers help us give our animals the best care possible and that’s what they deserve. Extra hands make for lighter work and reduce the need for paid staff so we can use that money for food, medicine and other supplies. We are glad that you have considered giving your time and talent to the care and socialization of orphaned pets.
Please fill out and submit a Volunteer Application. You can fill it out in person at our Adoption Center (1929 West Market Street, Akron) or print one below and bring it in. You will be added to a database and notified by email when our next training dates are set. Training classes occur approximately every 6 weeks. If you want more information on becoming a volunteer, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator by calling our Adoption Center at 330.865.6200 or emailing email@example.com. You can download our Volunteer Application here.
- All volunteers must complete an orientation prior to working with us.
- Volunteers must be 13 years of age or older. Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent / legal guardian while performing service hours.
- Children under 13 may accompany their parents if their parents have been through volunteer orientation.
- Volunteers are required to sign a Waiver of Release. Children and teens are required to have their parent sign the Waiver of Release.
- Foster Parents are volunteers that help us save lives! Our puppies and dogs often need a temporary place to stay before they become eligible for adoption. As a foster, you are an important leg of their journey to a new home. We cover all the expenses and you get to experience their love, trust, and companionship while offering them security – maybe for their first time ever!
- Dog Walkers are needed intermittently from 8:30 am – 8:00pm. The dogs and puppies enjoy the attention and it helps to keep them socialized. Your time spent with them will improve their chances to get a home of their own!
- Cat Socialization makes our feline tenants really happy. Feel free to brush, pet, or play with our cats and kittens.
- Dog Socialization makes our canine tenants really happy too! Dogs exercised and loved show so much better to a potential adopter.
- Fundraising Volunteers are needed to assist in raising money to keep the rescue operation funded. Join a planning committee, help promote our events, or stuff mailers. There is something for everyone!
- Event Team Volunteers take literature to a public event and promote One of A Kind Pet Rescue. Frequently animals accompany volunteers at events. Taking animals gives both One of A Kind Pet Rescue and One of A Kind Pet Spay & Neuter Clinic positive exposure and the dog(s) and / or cat(s) get exposure too!
- Administrative Help Volunteers help with record keeping, letter writing, data entry, and more. These talents are invaluable to the organization.
- Done-in-a-Day Volunteers often come as a group and tackle a big project for us. Projects may include cleaning the Adoption Center or Clinic, picking weeds, spreading mulch, or setting up for an event. Plenty of notice will be given for this type of request.