One of A Kind Pet Rescue and One of A Kind Pet Spay & Neuter Clinic is funded by the generosity of people like you. All donations are tax-deductible and will be used to further our efforts in animal welfare. You will receive an acknowledgement of your donation and we hope you feel a great satisfaction knowing you have made a difference in the life of a dog, cat, kitten, or puppy.
Ways to Make a Difference
MONTHLY GIVING PROGRAM
It is estimated that 6-8 million pets will enter shelters each year and over 4 million will be euthanized due to space constraints and a lack of homes. It costs a great deal to rescue, provide medical care, spay or neuter, and offer adoption services for homeless pets. The animals need your help and so do we! Every homeless animal deserves a second chance at life, a family, and lifelong affection.
Do you want to be sure homeless pets have a second chance at life? Become a monthly donor.
Consistent contributions allow for us to plan the care for a specified volume of animals each month. The more committed our donors are, the more homeless animals we can rescue.
Do what works for you. Some options include sending in a monthly check, direct deduction from your debit card, or a monthly credit card charge. Logging onto PayPal through our web site ensures a secured contribution and can be done from your home or office.
No matter how you chose to give, your gift will go directly toward One of A Kind Pet Rescue, Adoption Center and One of A Kind Pet Spay & Neuter Clinic animal welfare efforts. Should you desire, donors are encouraged to allocate contributions to specific programs.
Legacy gift or living gift donations are also a great way to make a difference. We recommend you consult your tax advisor or estate planner when considering these gifts.
- Contribute Appreciated Stock: Rather than paying capital gains tax, your gift of appreciated stock is based on today’s value for charitable contribution deductions. Since One of A Kind Pet Rescue and One of A Kind Pet Spay & Neuter Clinic is a non-profit organization, capital gains taxes are avoided when we sell your gifted stock.
- Bequest: Name our organization as the beneficiary for a specified percent or a specific dollar amount in your will or trust.
- Fund a Charitable Remainder Trust: Establish your own legacy and provide yourself with both a tax deduction and a stream of income for the remainder of your life by naming One of A Kind Pet Rescue and One of A Kind Pet Spay & Neuter Clinic as a beneficiary in a Charitable Remainder Trust.
- IRA and Life Insurance Policies: Make One of A Kind Pet Rescue and One of A Kind Pet Spay & Neuter Clinic a beneficiary of an IRA or insurance policy.
CALL US TO SET UP PLANNED GIVING
SPAY & NEUTER FUNDS
Each year millions of homeless animals are euthanized. Pet overpopulation is a national epidemic and the only humane and systemic solution is an aggressive spay and neuter program.
Partnering with Humane Alliance, a nationally recognized organization, One of A Kind Pet Spay & Neuter Clinic has adhered to the Humane Alliance professional model in the development of a highly-effective spay and neuter program. In communities following the Humane Alliance model, the euthanasia rate at local shelters is reported to decrease by as much as 70% in a just a few years.
Be our partner in spay and neutering animals in our region. It is good for the animals and it’s good for the community.
Members of the community who care deeply about this mission can contribute monetarily to the following funds:
- Care Fund – Providing low income families with spay or neuter surgeries at no cost.
- Feral Cat Fund – Covering the cost of spay or neuter surgeries for feral cats only.
- Pit Bull Fund – Offering free spay or neuter surgeries for Pit Bull breed dogs.
- Clancy’s Critical Care Fund – Funding emergency medical treatment & surgeries for dogs, cats, puppies & kittens.
Memorials and Honorariums
MEMORIALS – People and animals touch our lives daily and their passing can be difficult for those that deeply loved them. Consider making a donation in memory of that special person or beloved companion no longer with us. We will send an acknowledgement to ensure that others know of your thoughtfulness.
HONORARIUMS – It’s a celebration and you want to shout hurray! No matter what the occasion is, why not give the gift of life!? Your donation to One of A Kind Pet Rescue will celebrate the special event and be used to give a “furry friend” a second chance to experience a new life. We will gladly share in your joy by sending a letter of appreciation to you and your honoree. Here are some reasons to celebrate:
- Birthdays – no matter how many you’ve already celebrated.
- Marriages – as you begin your new life, a homeless animal will have a chance to begin theirs.
- Anniversaries – after all those years, why not celebrate?
- Achievements – big or small, we congratulate you all.
- Celebrate animal lovers for any reason – do you need a reason to be nice?
To help us in sending a letter of acknowledgement, please provide us with your complete name, address, phone number and email address. And the complete name, address, and phone number of the person you are remembering or honoring.
CALL US FOR MORE INFO (330) 835-1815
BUSINESS AND CORPORATE SUPPORT
Most businesses support non-profit organizations with direct donations, employee-matching donations, or in-kind services. Both help us with funding the rescue and spay and neuter programs. Ask your employer about being a corporate donor, matching your contribution, or providing us with pro-bono services. Here are a couple other ways to raise money for rescued animals in imminent danger.
- Host a fund drive – Every penny adds up! Recruit and challenge your co-workers to see who can raise the most money.
- Schedule a Jeans Day – Everyone has to pay to play.
- Hold a photo contest and charge an entry fee – People love to show off their pets.
- Collect items from our wish list – Anything we don’t have to buy saves money.
- Organize a bake sale for the animals – Who doesn’t have a sweet tooth? These events can be very profitable and fun.
- Have a special talent? Volunteer your time, talents and expertise.
- Sponsor an animal – Donate to care for a specific animal while it is in our care – and when it gets adopted you’ll want to pick another!
- Your personal choice – You pick the method to raise $$$ and you will have our support!
CALL US FOR MORE INFO (330) 835-1815
DONATE ITEMS FROM OUR WISHLIST
Going shopping? Want to pick up the items a rescued pet needs? Then check out our wish list. Make it a contest for your school, place of employment, or social group. See how many items you can collect on behalf of the rescued animals.
Help us save lives by donating items we need. Cash donations are always appreciated and allow us to rescue and place homeless animals into loving homes.
TOP 10 MOST NEEDED ITEMS
- Mr. Clean Antibacterial Soap
- Pine Cat Litter
- Bleach/Laundry Detergent
- Breeder’s Edge Kitten Formula
- Martingale Collars
- Dog and Cat Treats
- Toys for Dogs and Cats
- Bath Towels and Fleece Blankets
- Paper Towels/Toilet Paper
- Heating Pads
BIG TICKET ITEMS
- New Gas Dryer
- Dishwasher – Standard Size
- 25 Metal Chaffing Pans to use as litter boxes 20 3/4″ Long 12 2/4″ Wide 4″ Deep
- 3 IV Pumps
- Transport Van
- 6’ Folding Tables
- A Large Shed
- Laundry Soap – Low Suds
- 39 Gallon Trash Bags
- Hand Sanitizer (like Purell)
- Latex or Nitrile disposable gloves
- Scrub brushes
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Qtips/Cotton Balls
- Swiffer mops (not the wet wipes for the end, we need the actual mop handle)
- Anti-bacterial dishwashing soap like Dawn
- Leashes (non-retractable style) – must be at least 6 feet in length or longer
- New/used blankets – no yarn please.
- New/used towels (bath, hand or kitchen sized) *note – we do not accept pillows or fitted sheets of any kind
- Premium Edge, Nutro, Blue Buffalo or Taste of the Wild Dog and Cat Food
- Wet Fancy Feast cat food, NO fish flavors of any kind
- Fancy Feast Pate for kittens
- Micro-mini kitten feeding bottles
- Electric Blankets/heated blankets
- Puppy Nursers
- Dog Crates
- Frontline Medication
- Dog and Cat Beds
- Cat Litter – clumping, non clumping, pine pellets, Yesterdays News
- Litter boxes (small, medium or large)
- Distilled Water
- Plain white rice
- Post-It Notes
- Office supplies (pens, copy paper, dry erase markers)
- Window markers
- Manila File Folders (new or used)
- #10 envelopes
- Sheet protectors
- Pin style name badges
- Legal pads
- Lint Brushes or rollers
- Laptop Computers
- Large plastic storage bins with lids (16 gallon or larger)
- Room fans
- Bankers boxes
- Dish Soap
- Distilled Water
- Dust Pan
- Hand Sanitizer
- Kitchen Sponges
- Laundry Detergent – Low Suds
- Mop Buckets
- Mop Heads
- Paper Towels
- Plastic Spray Bottles
- Scrub Brushes
- Spray Glass Cleaner
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Toilet Paper
- Trash Bags 30 gallon
- Trash Bags 45 gallon
- Trash Bags (Kitchen)
- Trash Cans
- Ziploc Sandwich Baggies
ANIMAL RELATED ITEMS:
- Cat Litter
- Dry Cat Food
- Dry Dog Food
- Wet Cat Food
- Wet Cat Food
- AA Batteries
- 9V Batteries
- Dry Erase Boards
- Dry Erase Markers
- File Folders
- Hanging File Folders
- Index Cards (Pink, Blue, and White)
- Masking, Duct, or Scotch tape
- Step Ladder
Your gift will be used to give rescued pets the second chance that they deserve. Donations can be given by clicking on our PayPal Donation links. You’ll have the option of donating any amount you you’d like and the orphaned pets will benefit from every dollar gifted.
Please Note: You must have your browser set to accept cookies to access our online donation service through PayPal. This setting is usually found in your internet browser’s preferences settings. Look for a privacy tab and make sure that it’s set up to accept cookies. Thank you!
1929 W. Market St.
Akron, OH 44313
(behind Walgreen's and AutoZone)
1485 Marion Ave.
Akron, OH 44313
Spay & Neuter Clinic
1700 West Exchange Street
Akron, OH 44313
Connect with Us
Meet Our Pets
Please make an appointment to meet the many "One of A Kind" cats, kittens, dogs, and puppies looking for their forever homes. Walk-ins are admitted as occupancy safely allows at the time of your visit.
Get Our Emails
Sign up for our One of A Kind bi-monthly email newsletter and receive pet care tips, check out our featured pets and get the latest news from One of A Kind Pet Rescue.
There's so much going on and we have the scoop on every kind of pet event. Find out what new pet-friendly events are coming up and join us for some fun and furry happenings.
Support our mission... make a donation today!