One of A Kind Education
Donating to One of A Kind Pet Rescue
We are so very fortunate to have the supporters that we do and are thankful that on most occasions, when we need something, we simply ask our donors and they come through for us. If you have made financial contributions in the past, please know that every dollar goes towards saving pets in imminent danger. With that being said, we are often asked what we need most. Although it changes with the season or events taking place, the following items are always in need at both the adoption center and our spay & neuter clinic.
• Paper towels
• Laundry soap
• Toilet paper
• Disinfectant wipes
• Mr. Clean liquid cleaner
• Fancy Feast canned cat food
• Pro Pac dry dog/puppy food
• Pro Pac dry cat food
• Interactive dog & cat toys
• Dog & cat treats
• Towels and fleece blankets
We sometimes receive items that are donated with the very best of intentions but are not useful to us. When this occurs, we either must discard the items in our dumpster (causing us additional fees in extra pick-ups) or take the donations to other organizations that may find them useful. The following items are frequently donated, but not used in our facilities. We never want to seem ungrateful, only trying to be helpful. If you find that you have these items to donate, please consider another non-profit organization that would find them to be useful.
• Fitted sheets (the elastic is harmful to the pets)
• Any item with lace, buttons, zippers, or embellishments (these items are harmful to the pets)
• Pillowcases (we have no use for them)
• Afghans (the loose knitting is unsafe for pets’ nails)
• Retractable leashes (unsafe)
• Used pillows (bed bugs and lice prevent us from accepting these items)
• Curtains, tablecloths, linen napkins, duvet covers, and mattress covers/pads
• Prescription medications (Ohio law prevents us from using these for our pets)
• Pet diapers
Our website contains a comprehensive list of all items that we appreciate and accept. Spring is the beginning of “kitten season” at the rescue, and we are using Breeder’s Edge kitten formula, as well as alcohol-free baby wipes, and heating pads.
As always, thank you so much for your continued support to our organization and our pets.
Two Convenient Locations
1929 W. Market St.
Akron, OH 44313
(behind Walgreen's and AutoZone)
Spay & Neuter Clinic
1700 West Exchange Street
Akron, OH 44313
Connect with Us
Meet Our Pets
Please make an appointment to meet the many "One of A Kind" cats, kittens, dogs, and puppies looking for their forever homes. Walk-ins are admitted as occupancy safely allows at the time of your visit.
Get Our Emails
Sign up for our One of A Kind bi-monthly email newsletter and receive pet care tips, check out our featured pets and get the latest news from One of A Kind Pet Rescue.
There's so much going on and we have the scoop on every kind of pet event. Find out what new pet-friendly events are coming up and join us for some fun and furry happenings.
Support our mission... make a donation today!