Have you made your Pet Resolutions yet for 2020?
- Get your pet spayed/neutered. Studies have shown that animals that have been fixed live longer, healthier lives.r:
- Start a grooming routine including baths, brushings, and nail clipping. Or set up a routine appointment with your favorite groomer.
- Make sure to measure your pet’s food. Eyeballing the measurement can lead to overfeeding and weight gain.
- Reassess what you are feeding your pet. Pets need different types of food and supplements as they age, so make sure they are receiving what they need to keep them in optimal health.
- Play with your pets more often. Giving your pet new toys or activities helps to stimulate them and keeps them from being bored.
- Take your dog for longer walks (it’s good for you too!)
- Make sure your pets get regular vet visits and vaccinations.
- Make sure your pets receive regular flea/tick and heartworm treatments.
- Get your pet microchipped (if not already), or make sure your current address on file for the chip is correct.
- Schedule obedience school or training classes to work on behavioral issues.
- Enjoy your pets!
Two Convenient Locations
Rescue & Adoption Center
1929 West Market Street
Akron, OH 44313
Spay & Neuter Clinic
1700 West Exchange Street
Akron, OH 44313
Connect with Us
Meet Our Pets
We feature “One of A Kind” kittens, cats, puppies and dogs. Review our adoptable pets online and then come into the adoption center and visit them to see which one is right for you.
Subscribe to Pets News
Sign up for our email newsletter and receive One of a Kind updates each week. You'll get everything from local pet events to exciting new products you can find in our retail store.
There's so much going on and we have the scoop on every kind of pet event. Find out what new pet-friendly events are coming up and join us for some fun and furry happenings.
Support our mission... make a donation today!